After selecting a user from the BRAINtastic v2 Login Screen the program crashes with the following error message:
“Adobe Projector has stopped working”
This is caused by the user data becoming corrupted when BRAINtastic v2 is quit while running the Hamster Hospital Reward Game. It only effects Home and School (standalone, not Network) editions of BRAINtastic v2, but is present on both Windows and Macintosh systems.
Note that BRAINtastic v2 uses Integrated User Lists (IULs). IULs allow data to be shared between BRAINtastic v2 and several other EdAlive version 2 titles. This means that if you have BRAINtastic v2 installed and are experiencing this issue, you may also experience this issue with the other version 2 titles, which are listed below.
- Typing Tournament v2
- Volcanic Panic v2
- Baggin’ the Dragon v2
- Words Rock v2
- Ultimate Maths Invaders v2
Two patches have been released in order to resolve this issue, one for Mac OS X computers and another for Windows computers.
Here is the link to the patch for the Windows version (25 MB):
BRAINtastic Windows Update
Here is the link to the patch for the Mac version (90 MB):
BRAINtastic Mac Update
In order to apply the patch, follow the instructions below.
- Download the appropriate file in a web browser.
- Once the file has finished downloading, double-click the patch and follow the installation prompts.
Note that for the Mac version, you will also have to double click on the downloaded compressed file in order to extract it.
Note that the above does not fix corrupt user accounts, but rather prevents BRAINtastic v2 from corrupting further user accounts. This means that you need to delete any corrupt user accounts – after installing the patch – by following the instructions below.
- Run BRAINtastic v2.
- If you are using the Home edition, sign in to the Parent Options area. If you are using the School edition, sign in to the Teacher Options area (note that password for both editions is “admin” by default).
- Delete the users that are corrupt. That is, the users with which the issue occurs.