To enabled the security tab on Windows XP, follow the steps below. Note that for Windows XP Home, you may need to follow these steps in Safe Mode.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Double click “Folder Options”.
- Under the “Advanced settings” section of the “View” tab, de-select “Use simple file sharing (Recommended)”.
- Click OK.
When you open the file/folder properties dialog (right-click -> “Properties”), you should now be able to see the security tab. If you cannot see the security tab:
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode (by holding down the F8 key while your computer is booting and selecting “Safe Mode” from the boot menu).
- Log in as an administrator.