When running the program, the following error appears:
- Error: “TB40RUN caused an access violation in TB40RUN.EXE at 0x00000005. Click on ‘Close’ to terminate the application. Click on ‘Ignore’ to continue.”
This problem comes as a result of the age of Musicianship Basics.
The solution is to either:
- Always run Musicianship Basics from a Windows Admin account
- Log in to a Windows Admin account
- Open Computer > C: > Program Files > Musicianship Basics
- Select all the files in this folder
- Right-click on one of the selected files, and choose Properties
- Tick the box marked Read Only and press OK
- Now Musicianship Basics should work from any Windows user account
Legacy (Windows XP):
This issue has to do with file permissions. Use the follow steps to resolve the issue (note that file permissions can be changed on Windows XP using the security tab.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Give full read/write permissions on the windows TEMP folder to all users.
- Navigate to the installation folder of Musicianship Basics.
- Find the following 4 files:
- For each of the above files, right-click and select “Properties”. Under the “General” tab, tick “Read Only”.
- Start the program.