When logged on as a standard user on Windows XP, the following access errors occur when trying to use the program:
- “Unable to write to file. Press OK to continue.”
This is a permissions issue.
To resolve the problem do the following:
- Log in as an administrator.
- Right click the program folder and select “Properties”.
- Under the “Security” tab, you should see a section called “Group or user names”. If you cannot see the “Security” tab, follow the instructions on Enabling the Security Tab.
- Select the group or user that will be using the program folder. If you can’t see the group or user in this list:
- Click “Add…”
- Click “Advanced…”
- Click “Find Now”
- Select the appropriate group or user, and click “OK”.
- In the permissions box, tick the “Allow” checkbox for “Full Control”. The selected user will now have full control to the program folder.
- If you had to change the permissions in Safe Mode, restart you computer in Normal Mode and log in as a standard user. Otherwise, log out of the administrator account and log back in as a standard user.
- Run the program.