- “Unhandled exception: abc123 At address: abc123.”
This is an issue for Windows computers only.
This problem is caused by a memory setting that is rarely enabled on Windows client systems but seems to be enabled by default on Windows servers.
Add a D.E.P. exception for the EdAlive program’s exectuable.
To do this:
- Access the Control Panel, then select System
If you’re using a Windows Vista or 2008 server system, click “Advanced system settings”.
- Select the Advanced tab
- Click the Performace Settings button
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab
- Click the Add… button and select the program executable for the EdAlive product that is casuing the error.
- click OK or Apply
Note: If you move the EdAlive program to a different location, the DEP exception will no longer apply because the absolute path of the executable has changed. In this case, reapply the exception.