The following error occurs when running SpellForce/SpellingForce v1.x on a Windows computer:
- “A needed file file could not be installed. Please run the program once as the administrator to correct the problem.”
- Install and run the program once as the administrator.
- Right-click the Spelling Force installation directory and select “Properties”.
- Under the security tab, you must change the change the permissions for the user(s)/group(s) that will be using Spelling Force. If you cannot see the security tab, you must first enable the security tab. To change the permissions, you must select the appropriate user(s)/group(s) and check “Allow” for the “Full Control” item.
- Find the Real Basic DLLs in the C:\Windows directory, by searching for RB*.dll. For each DLL file beginning with “RB”:
- Right-click and select “Properties”.
- Change the file permissions by selecting the appropriate user(s)/group(s) (probably the same as above) and checking “Allow” for the “Full Control” item.
- Repeat step 4, subsituting RB*.dll with MBS*.dll.